Wednesday, April 28, 2004

-Neither Wind nor Sleet...-
Yesterday, Tuesday, I biked into work for the first time this year. The weather prediction (that may be an oxy-moron) said it was going to be nice. Well it was not. In the morning, the ride in was a little wet because it had rained over night. So I was a little damp. I made it in 1hour and 14minutes OK for 30.5km. On the way home it was a different story. At 3 I was excited about going home, the route home (same as the route to work but reverse) was almost all downhill, so I should be able to make it home quicker than I came in this morning, theoretically!
Well it was so windy for the first half of the ride home that I felt like I was biking in quick-sand. By the time I got to the bridge (about 2/3 of the way home) it had been raining for 10minutes not strong, but enough to get wet. Rain I can handle. It was still very windy and with about 1km left to home, the skies opened up and the temperature dropped and it started to hail on top of all the rain!
I ended up getting home in 1hour 18mins, not bad considering all the elements I had to face.
Total for the day 61km in 2hour 34mins.
My legs felt fine this morning in the pool, we will see how they do on tonight’s run!
Keir is doing great, a regular chatter box (no words, lots of interesting sounds and noises) and his two chomper teeth are getting bigger and bigger each day.
That is all for now
Take care
Ewan

No comments: