Monday, May 10, 2004

The Smartest Little Boy in the Universe

What a weekend; the weather was nice, it was Jen's first Mother's Day on Sunday and drum roll please.............. Keir said "Dada" on Friday night (he said it twice) and then again on Saturday and Sunday!
Words cannot describe the feeling you get when your son says his first word and on top of that it is "Dada"!
When it first happened, Jen and I didn't really believe that it had happened (if that makes any sense!). We looked at each other and we both realized at the same time what had just happened, and then I started to jump up and down, everyone was happy.
Later that night after his bath he said it again, and then once more on Saturday and again on Sunday.
On Mother's Day (Sunday) we had my mother, my father, brother over for a Mother's Day Brunch. It was really nice, I made a Potato and Spinach Frittata. I had never made a Frittata before but I think it turned out ok.
On Saturday we had Ron, Tina and Kaylee over for a BBQ. Kaylee is a couple of months younger than Keir, and his future girlfriend! We were talking about how much things have changed in a year. A year ago neither of us knew that we had little ones on the way. We also commented that this is the happiest we have ever been.
Also on Saturday, I went to check out my friend David surfing. Yes I did say surfing and no I did not fly to Hawaii or anywhere warm.
David was surfing at the Champlain Bridge rapids, I guess the water level is high enough that he can surf in the rapids. It was amazing, there was a bunch of kayakers there(it is very popular place to kayak) but he was the only one surfing. The water was cold he said it was 4-6 degrees!
Here is photographic proof:


That is all for now
Take Care
Ewan

No comments: