Sunday, June 25, 2006

-triing-

Last weekend I did my first trithlon of the season. It was the Ottawa Riker Keeper Olympic Distance Triathlon. This was also my first Olympic Distance. Olympic (or International) is 1500m swim 40km Bike and 10km run. I had a lot of fun, the swim was interesting... the morning was actually a little stormy and the wind made some strong waves. The swim was three laps and going out was very diffcult as you were going into the waves and wind. The first lap was diffcult but by the third lap I was actually feeling good. 34min was my swim time (including my transition, change from swim to bike), I was a little disapointed with that time but considering the conditions I will take it. On to the bike, I felt good my calfves were a little tight. I started to make up ground on the people who had passed me on the swim. Finished the bike 1hr12min. The run went well, I could have pushed a little harder on the first 3km's but it was a learning experiences. I finshed 46mins for the run and a total time of 2hr 33mins, 39th overall. I really did learn a lot and know what I need to work on for the next triathlon in August.
The are some photos below and you can see some more here at the photo services website
Keir had fun watching dad and actually wanted to follow me into the water!!
That is all fo now
Take care

No comments: