Saturday, September 18, 2004

This is day#2 of my blog posts, or whatever the heck you'd call it. Keir has officially had his second night of uninterrupted sleep from 8:00 pm. to 7:00 am. this morning. Ewan and I took advantage of our time together by falling asleep on the couch at 9:30. Such an energetic couple, I know. To be fair Ewan made a fabulous dinner for the two of us, and tried to slip onee past me by saying the fish he served was chicken. As some of you know, I have never been known to be a seafood lover. It all started when I was a little girl and watched my Dad scale a fish he'd caught in the lake. From that point on I can't help but feel a little sick from simply smelling fish cooking. Being the brave girl that I am, and with a little help from my friend in the form of a glass of wine, I took the plunge and ate ALL the fish. It wasn't so bad, and I actually enjoyed it on its bed of tarragon and grapes, with a scattering of feta and splash of balsamic vinegar. Ewan also made a delicious lentil soup full of spices and a smigen of heat from a chili pepper, topped with a dollop of coconut cashew chutney. The ultimate divine end to our dinner? A delectable bowl full of Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk icecream. Enough said, it was decadent. We started to watch a movie that we rented almost a week ago, but lo and behold, my eyes started to close, and I just couldn't stay awake any longer. It was off to bed for me, and Ewan wasn't far behind. Another splendid Friday night of drama and intrigue in the Hardie household. I'm supposed to go out tonight for a bridal shower of a girlfirend I work with, but I'm not sure how long I'll hold up past nine o'clock. We're off to do some groceries this morning, so that's all for now.

No comments: